RMS Olympic Panel Trim

RMS Olympic, 1911, Tom Rudderham Collection

At nearly 2 meters in length, this piece of oak trim was used to connect two larger panels onboard the RMS Olympic.

It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly where this trim was originally located, but it was likely affixed between two larger panels on a second class corridor or public area of the ship. After the Olympic was scrapped in 1935, the trim found a new home in theAkzo Noble paint factory in Haltwhistle (see photo below), where it was painted white and affixed to a wall of the factory. It has since been restored to its original condition.

  • RMS Olympic
  • 1911
  • Artefact, Structural Artefacts
  • Oak
  • 400.020
  • 193cm x 11cm